[oe] SRCPV migration - How SRCPV works!

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Mon Nov 23 13:52:56 UTC 2009

Hello,

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 11:31 AM, Koen Kooi <k.kooi at student.utwente.nl> wrote:
> On 23-11-09 13:15, Richard Purdie wrote:
>
>> As I understand it you'll lock locking down the local build revisions
>> with Angstrom anyway?
>
> Dunno about that, ideally the SRCPV merge should have no impact at all on
> existing distros, but it looks like everyone will be forced to lock
> revisions/counts down.
> If there is a way to convert the database to a .inc file then we'd be a step
> closer to coordinating counts between buildhosts (or rebuilds from scratch).
> Currently the SRCPV looks like a major step backwards to the current
> situation unless you are on a single buildhost *and* never delete TMPDIR
> *and* use AUTOREV *and* care about upgrade paths.
>
> It would be a lot better if bitbake could just do the revlog | wc -l trick
> after do_fetch has run. Or at least use that as localcount if a snapshot
> exists in TMPDIR during parsing.

After looking at what SRCPV means for distro POV I fully agree with Koen.

It is going to add more problems then it solves. If a distro has more
then one buildhost it will be a nightmare to manage it and very error
prone :-(

--
Otavio Salvador                  O.S. Systems
Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854         http://projetos.ossystems.com.br