[oe] [oe-commits] Koen Kooi : opkg-target,sdk: bump SRCREV

Ricardo Salveti de Araujo ricardo.salveti at openbossa.org
Tue Nov 24 17:46:18 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 8:34 AM, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 09:39:27PM +1030, Graham Gower wrote:
>> Is there a reason why another update-alternatives exists at all?
>> Wouldn't it be better to get fixes merged upstream?
>
> I'm not sure what update-alternatives-dpkg in OE does different
> grep -R  virtual/update-alternatives conf/distro
> shows only mamona.conf using dpkg

I don't actually know why the dpkg version was created, but I think
mamona was using it basically because it's the one provided by dpkg.

Until mamona 0.2 we used debootstrap with chroot and qemu, but as
we're now using the image feature from OE, we switched from u-a-dpkg
to u-a-cworth, so probably no one will actually use it anymore.

> Even with fixes merged upstream we should block installing own u-a with
> images, because its really confusing to have one u-a in /usr/bin/ and
> second in /usr/sbin/ and if someone in OE doesn't use opkg as pkg
> manager then we still need virtual/u-a.

At mamona we're using dpkg and u-a-cworth.

Ricardo Salveti de Araujo