[oe] Mamona: classes and configs for fist review

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Fri Nov 27 17:43:39 UTC 2009

Hello,

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 3:11 PM, Ricardo Salveti de Araujo
<ricardo.salveti at openbossa.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Otavio Salvador
>> Well but it looks like that to it properly work you need to use one
>> $TMPDIR for each "product" otherwise if this product has a patch (or
>> requires one) and the package is already built it won't get it.
>>
>> Am I missing anything?
>
> Yep, you're right, you need to do that in order to have a clean build
> for each product. At mamona we set that while configuring the
> environment, and in our case we were using a buildbot for each
> machine, doing always a clean build, so it wasn't actually a problem
> for us.

Here we use it at distro and use previous distro in override as well
reducing this diverging problem.

We do it as making a new distro for each product that include the
"base" and changes what is required providing a new distro that has
all base distro as base for settings, versions and like.

In your case it might be:

 mamona.conf
 mamona-vanilla.conf
 mamona-foo.conf

This could avoid the multiple TMPDIR issues. We added here a
DISTRO_MACHINE_ARCH so in case the configuration is specific to a
machine and distro we use it, instead of MACHINE_ARCH allowing for
speedup in compilation and sharing the TMPDIR for those.

--
Otavio Salvador                  O.S. Systems
Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854         http://projetos.ossystems.com.br