[oe] build of libxrender failed

Rath mailings at hardware-datenbank.de
Sat Oct 10 13:32:22 UTC 2009

Hi

>> In the openembedded/conf/distro/angstrom-2008.1.conf I've set
>>
> "PREFERRED_VERSION_linux-libc-headers" to "2.6.29"
> Don't do this in the conf. For this purpose there is an include folder!
> Enter the versions in conf/distro/include/angstrom-2008-preferred-versions.inc

Okay, but doesn't my entry in the preferred-versions.inc get overwritten
by the angstrom-2008.1.conf ? The include for the
preferred-versions.conf is in the angstrom.conf at top and after the
include PREDERRE_VERSION_linux... is set with the default value of the conf.
> And your problem seems to be a glibc problem.
> Which version gets installed if you make glibc-native?

Glibc or glib? When I type "bitbake glibc-native" or "bitbake
glib-native" I get the error: ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'xxxx'

In my preferred-versions.conf stands:
PREFERRED_VERSION_glib-2.0     = "2.20.0"
PREFERRED_VERSION_glib-2.0-native = "2.18.0"

Regards, Joern