[oe] [Bitbake-dev] Bitbake Roadmap

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Sun Oct 18 16:49:25 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-10-18 at 16:16 +0200, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
> On Sunday 18 October 2009 16:08:29 Richard Purdie wrote:
>
> > Shout now if you disagree with any of this or have a better plan! :)
>

> I like it because this way I can get my parser changes into 1.10.

Right, I failed to mention that but that was also something I had in
mind.

> One question is how do we proceed on bitbake-2.0? Do you have a set of
> specific of issues that need to be addressed for client/server? does
> it make sense to create that list?

It makes sense and the things I'd like to see addressed are:

* Debugging made easier (deadlocks, exceptions and so on)
* Performance loss due to xmlrpc mitigated as much as practicable
* Improved message handling and user interaction
* Real world testing - I'm not sure that code has had this yet

Cheers,

Richard