[oe] [RFC/PATCH] Add support for XFCE 4.6.1.

John Willis John.Willis at Distant-earth.com
Sun Oct 25 12:02:01 UTC 2009

I have added support to XFCE 4.6.1 to OpenEmbedded in a branch I am hosting
at

http://git.openpandora.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=openembedded.git;a=shortlog;
h=xfce46-support

This is based on the earlier patchset I sent to the list and some feedback
Koen and Corsac (Debian's XFCE maintainer) provided.
I have tested images made from the 2 new tasks on some of my OMAP3 boards
and all seems well.

For now it adds an xfce46.bbclass to support the builds and lives alongside
of XFCE 4.4 but in fairness I would like to propose dropping XFCE 4.4.* from
dev (and leaving it in stable/2009 for now).

I have also taken the liberty of renaming xfce to xfce-base and adding an
xfce-extras folder to house the non-core apps (gigolo, squeeze,
xfce4-notifyd, that sort of thing). I would also like to clean up the XFCE
recipes scattered around the tree but that has a bearing on if XFCE 4.4
remains supported in-tree.

Any comments?

Regards,

John

--

> What is a grue?

The grue is a sinister, lurking presence in the dark places of the earth.
Its favourite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered
by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and
few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.