[oe] sheevaplug u-boot

Marcin Juszkiewicz marcin at juszkiewicz.com.pl
Fri Oct 30 17:00:38 UTC 2009

Dnia piątek, 30 października 2009 o 16:37:58 Frans Meulenbroeks napisał(a):
> Just noticed this commit:
>
> commit 04bf7d5d151173ac058f4aff2e4be3ae0f98216e
> Author: Marcin Juszkiewicz <marcin at juszkiewicz.com.pl>
> Date:   Fri Oct 30 11:38:49 2009 +0100
>
>     u-boot: added Sheevaplug support
>
>     Marvell devices needs u-boot.kwb instead of u-boot.bin due to header
>  for first stage bootloader. UBOOT_BINARY variable was introduced due of
>  that.
>

> Any particular reason not to call it u-boot.bin? I know the first
> stage bootloader needs to be prefixed but as this is device specific
> and ends up in the sheeva dirs only, I see no need for  a name change
> (but feel free to enlighten me).

During building of U-Boot for Sheevaplug you will get uboot.bin and uboot.kwb
files. Kirkwood first stage bootloader require uboot.kwb to be flashed. I
chosed original names to make that clear. Feel free to change.

> BTW: is there already also work being done for openrd u-boot?

Give me openrd device and I will try :) But it looks like openrd-base is
supported in that branch but not openrd-client.

Regards,
JID:      hrw at jabber.org
Website:  http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcinjuszkiewicz