[oe] [Shr-Devel] some RRECOMMENDed packages do not get included into the image

Klaus 'mrmoku' Kurzmann mok at mnet-online.de
Mon Sep 21 18:05:30 UTC 2009

Am Montag 21 September 2009 19:03:38 schrieb Nicola Mfb:
> On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 9:48 AM, Nicola Mfb<nicola.mfb at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> > Some news about that?
> > I just reverted bb thread numbers to 1, now kernel is installed and
> > rcS too, so I'm experiencing the same of you, no X startup, etc.. I
> > tryed 1.8, 1.8-parser-rework and old bitbake from svn, same result.
>
> Hi Klaus,
> I just tryed again in the latest days and got the same result.
> Was it fixed? is there a workaround? building from milestone5.5 branch is
>  ok.
The reason is that some package that is needed by one of the tasks did not get
built. As a consequence that task does not get included into the image. I
don't remember which package it was for me, but manually building the package,
properly cleaning the tasks and rebuilding fixed it. What annoys me is that OE
continues to build the image instead of bailing out...

If this is the reason you will have some ERROR somewhere in the rootfs log.
Probably only on the first build though (at least that was my impression).

Right now building from scratch should work though (just did that today).

Hope that helps :-)

--

Klaus 'mrmoku' Kurzmann