[oe] [Shr-Devel] some RRECOMMENDed packages do not get included into the image

Nicola Mfb nicola.mfb at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 13:11:08 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 8:05 PM, Klaus 'mrmoku' Kurzmann
<mok at mnet-online.de> wrote:
[...]
> The reason is that some package that is needed by one of the tasks did not get
> built. As a consequence that task does not get included into the image. I
> don't remember which package it was for me, but manually building the package,
> properly cleaning the tasks and rebuilding fixed it. What annoys me is that OE
> continues to build the image instead of bailing out...
>
> If this is the reason you will have some ERROR somewhere in the rootfs log.
> Probably only on the first build though (at least that was my impression).

Hi Klaus, thanks for the answer

My build from scratch finished, I found in rootfs log an error about
fso-abyss, so rebuilt it and removed staging/all/task-shr*, rebitbaked
shr-image, I do not know if this is the way you suggested.

Anyway it boots but at some point I get:

Configuring ...
Configuring ...
Removing old /usr/share/gpe/pixmaps ...
Press enter to continue

Usb0 is up but no dropbear and the boot does not proceed.

On the second forced boot I lost usb networking completely (no such
device), and the configure phase terminated again with "Press enter to
continue".

Finally did a git pull, and now I have problem on libxxf86dga, so
rebuilding again from scratch, hoping your last commit on fso-abyss
depends fixed all.

Regards

    Nicola