[oe] interest in binary packaging?

Tom Rini trini at embeddedalley.com
Thu Sep 24 19:52:03 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 06:20:07PM -0400, Chris Conroy wrote:

> I've developed a rather simplistic method for managing "binary" packages
> within OE in order to satisfy certain licensing requirements. I am not
> sure whether other users would have an interest in such a system, but
> I'll go ahead and pitch what I have working so far to see if there is
> any interest in improving it further or merging upstream.

Yes, there is interest.  The only issue I see off the top of my head is
that this doesn't work for deb / rpm / tar, when it could.  The way I've
solved this before is to have the binary version just be a tarball of
the do_install() from the source version,  Then -dbg/-dev/whatever gets
split up normally and other output formats work fine too.

--
Tom Rini