[oe] recipe to always fetch latest from SCM

Vitus Jensen vjensen at gmx.de
Wed Apr 7 12:00:47 UTC 2010

Hello!

What is the best way to code a recipe which always fetches HEAD from a
SCM?  Without accessing mirror servers first?

For some internal packages which are still WIP I would like to fetch the
newest sourcecode from a git server whenever I do a "-c clean" and
rebuild.  I've experimented with AUTOREV and SRCREV but without adding
"tag=HEAD" this fails and when I add HEAD bitbake refers to a tar.bz2
built some days ago.  Maybe related to that I would like to fetch from a
branch?

Below my latest try, this tries to fetch revision "1" (?) from git :-(

bitbake version 1.8.18
openembedded stable branch

----------------
PV = "0.0.0+gitr${SRCREV}"
PR = "r0"

SRC_URI = \
 	"git://git@server.local/prog.git;protocol=ssh+git;branch=devel \
         "

S = "${WORKDIR}/git"

inherit cmake

Any pointers?  I've searched the wiki and existing recipes but this way to
fetch is obviously uncommon for public recipes.

Bye,
   Vitus

--
Vitus Jensen, Hannover, Germany, Universe (current)
pgp public key available from keyservers