[oe] [SOLVED] Does anyone have a CUPS 1.4.x recipe?

Tarjei Knapstad tarjei.knapstad at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 09:32:58 UTC 2010

On 7 April 2010 13:19, Tarjei Knapstad <tarjei.knapstad at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to build CUPS 1.4.2 and 1.4.3 on the OE unstable
> branch (Angstrom for a BeagleBoard) which seems to work fine after tweaking
> the recipes for 1.3.8 slightly. The cupsd daemon segfaults instantly
> however, and I'm having
> some trouble debugging the cause.
>
> Before I spend more time trying to get to the bottom of this, has
> anyone been able to successfully build and run CUPS 1.4.x on the BB
> and have a recipe they could share? I found a posting from Jay Snyder
> back in January, but couldn't find an actual commit anywhere:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/openembedded-devel@lists.openembedded.org/msg02702.html
>
> I have attached my attempt at a recipe (skips building manpages and
> testing the ppdc tools).

Finally figured it out. Seems like the Beagle is not too happy about
code compiled with the '-pie -fPIE' and '-fstack-protector' options.
After removing these from the configure script everything seems to be
running just fine.

Crude patch attached (should probably patch configure.in instead and
run autoreconf, but can't be bothered at the mo).

Regards,
--
Tarjei