[oe] gtk+-native-2.20.0-r8.0 fails in do_configure.

Antonio Ospite ospite at studenti.unina.it
Thu Apr 8 09:22:43 UTC 2010

On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 11:58:37 +0200
Antonio Ospite <ospite at studenti.unina.it> wrote:

> On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 20:17:09 +0200
> Marcin Juszkiewicz <marcin at juszkiewicz.com.pl> wrote:
>
> > Dnia sobota, 3 kwietnia 2010 o 17:17:24 Antonio Ospite napisał(a):
> > > when building gtk+-native-2.20.0-r8.0 (actually bitbaking
> > > fso-console-image DISTRO=minimal MACHINE=a780) I get this message:
> > >
> > >  Requested 'glib-2.0 >= 2.23.6' but version of GLib is 2.22.1
> > >
> > > See also http://tinderbox.openembedded.org/packages/540390/
> > >
> > > I can workaround that locally but I would like to learn what the best
> > > way to solve such issues would be. I don't see any
> > > preferred-minimal-versions.inc
> >
> > Recent glib-2.0 recipes has BBCLASSEXTEND = "native" set but we also have
> > glib-2.0-native recipes... I think that native ones should be dropped.
> >

> So what is happening to me now it that glib-2.0-native_2.22.1.bb gets
> selected and the more recent ones with BBCLASSEXTEND = "native" are
> discarded, right?

Ok, I confirm this was actually the case, the old way to do native
recipes seems to have precedence on the new one, this is with bitbake
1.8.18, don't know if that is dependent on bitbake version tho.

Removing all glib-2.0-native packages makes gtk+-native-2.20.0-r8.0
build ok.

> If the -native recipes are going to be dropped should the
> BBCLASSEXTEND mechanism moved to some glib*.inc file?

Should I just send a patch which blindly removes native
recipes for older versions, or try to port the BBCLASSEXTEND mechanism
to them? I don't know if I am fully comfortable with such changes in OE,
but I can always send a tentative patch.

Regards,
   Antonio

--
Antonio Ospite