[oe] Do we really want shared Xserver script for all machines?

Marcin Juszkiewicz marcin at juszkiewicz.com.pl
Fri Apr 16 13:41:22 UTC 2010

Dnia piątek, 16 kwietnia 2010 o 15:25:40 Koen Kooi napisał(a):
>   Wouldn't it be better to merge the scripts from xserver-kdrive-common
> and xserver-common and then fix all the sed/awk calls in one place?

I did most of it long time ago and stored as xserver-common 1.30. Script
got simplified, supports Xorg and KDrive, replaces xserver-kdrive-common,
allows to set variables in /etc/default/xserver instead of patching
/etc/X11/Xserver file etc.

I did send RFC about it on 3rd August 2009. Merged it into stable/2009 in
October 2009 as we used it on BUG 1.x and 2.0 devices.

I merged my improvements into upstream which gave us 1.31, 1.32 and 1.33
versions (1.30/upstream != 1.30/OE as it was base for my improvements which
landed in next upstream versions).

So far I did not noticed anyone using it. For those which use
xserver-nodm-init script to boot into root X11 session: you need newer
version from BugLabs repository:

svn://svn.buglabs.net/bug/trunk/com.buglabs.build.oe/meta-bug/packages/xserver-nodm-init

Regards,
JID:      hrw at jabber.org
Website:  http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcinjuszkiewicz