[oe] Do we really want shared Xserver script for all machines?

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 20:50:11 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 03:41:22PM +0200, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
> I did send RFC about it on 3rd August 2009. Merged it into stable/2009 in
> October 2009 as we used it on BUG 1.x and 2.0 devices.
>
> So far I did not noticed anyone using it. For those which use

I guess this is because task-x11-utils pulls xserver-kdrive-common
unconditionaly.. I've added variable there for distro to pick provider
easily and after some test I'll send it for review.

> xserver-nodm-init script to boot into root X11 session: you need newer
> version from BugLabs repository:
>
> svn://svn.buglabs.net/bug/trunk/com.buglabs.build.oe/meta-bug/packages/xserver-nodm-init

In patch I have now, I renamed old version to 1.0 and added version from
buglabs as 2.0 with D_P -1. Not best solution as it allows people to use
old xserver-kdrive-common + this newer nodm-init, but comment above D_P
setting should be enough for maintainers to notice.

Thanks hrw, pity that we overlooked xserver-common for so long..

Regards,

uin:136542059                jid:Martin.Jansa at gmail.com
Jansa Martin                 sip:jamasip at voip.wengo.fr
JaMa