[oe] Do we really want shared Xserver script for all machines?

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 04:53:24 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 03:41:22PM +0200, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
> Dnia piątek, 16 kwietnia 2010 o 15:25:40 Koen Kooi napisał(a):
> >   Wouldn't it be better to merge the scripts from xserver-kdrive-common
> > and xserver-common and then fix all the sed/awk calls in one place?

Hi,

it's better with xserver-common, here are bootcharts again from
Freerunner

http://build.shr-project.org/tests/jama/bootchart-2.6.32.11.xserver-common.png

and without udevd/hald combo:
http://build.shr-project.org/tests/jama/bootchart-2.6.32.11.xserver-common.no-udev.png

I'll add /etc/X11/Xsession.d/90xXWindowManager and
/etc/X11/Xsession.d/89xTs_Calibrate from xserver-kdrive-common to
xserver-common (if you don't mind or have better place for them) and
push it (enabled by default for SHR).

Thanks,

uin:136542059                jid:Martin.Jansa at gmail.com
Jansa Martin                 sip:jamasip at voip.wengo.fr