[oe] Configuring feeds when building an image

Antonio Ospite ospite at studenti.unina.it
Wed Apr 21 11:35:09 UTC 2010

Hi,

If I am not mistaken right now there are three mechanisms for a
basic operation like configuring opkg feeds for a distro/image, namely:
 - classes/image.bbclass::insert_feed_uris ()
 - recipes/meta/distro-feed-configs.bb
 - recipes/angstrom/angstrom-feed-configs.bb

The most complete one looks to be angstrom-feed-configs, but it
hardcodes package categories (base debug perl python gstreamer) and
still relies on assumption about angstrom repository layout. Is there
any interest into unifying these methods? With some help from you I
think I can spend some time on that.

Angstrom repository layout is nice, but what if we want to use it (or
abuse an online angstrom repository) with a non angstrom distro?
Just IMAGE_INSTALL_append += "angstrom-feed-configs" is not enough and
can lead to a mixed config right now.

Thanks,
   Antonio

--