[oe] hunt for ideas: icecc+canadian compilers

Sergey Lapin slapinid at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 11:42:20 UTC 2010

Hi, all!

I've got hand-made "cluster" at home consisting of 2 SheevaPlugs,
several other ARM devices
and 3 x86 laptops, one with CoreDuo, another 2 with Celerons, and a
small MIPS router, just for testing.

I have successfully compile GTK+ for ARM on it, using native ARM
toolchaine on ARM boxes
and x86->arm cross compilers on x86 boxes. I have some PowerPC and
MIPS boxes I can add to this, too.
It is of course, quite fast thing, and I can do build Ubuntu packages
directly on Sheeva using other boxes power.

Now, I just want to build OE the similar way, but that requires for OE
to build canadian cross-compilers
for all available architectures, build environments for them and make
appropriate ICECC_VERSION variable
in form ICECC_VERSION="/path/to/native-cross.tar.gz,
arm:/path/to/arm-arm-noncross.tar.gz,mips:arm-mips-cross.tar.gz, ..."

Is it possible now with minimal effort, or avar planned in future? Any
ideas on implementation if not planned?

Thanks a lot,
S.