[oe] legacy staging: call for action

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Sun Aug 1 19:56:52 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-08-01 at 13:49 +0200, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
> In the attached file (which I hope will pass the mailing list) you find the
> results.
> I've also uploaded the file to http://filebin.ca/xotgad/do_stage so if it is
> not attached you can find it there.

I'm a little dubious of doing it this way. It also includes some rather
simple cases where do_stage does:

do_stage () {
	autotools_stage_all
}

which are null operations and can be removed in pretty much all cases. I
was surprised to only find myself listed for about 5% of that list :).

In the spirit of helping:

http://git.openembedded.net/cgit.cgi/openembedded/log/?h=rpurdie/for-testing

but I've not tested this so I'm going to need some assistance. I've made
the changes by a combination of inspection and knowledge of what Poky
does. I concentrated on the cross components since people are perhaps
more wary of them.

Cheers,

Richard