[oe] Symbolic Links Question

Sean_Hudson at Dell.com Sean_Hudson at Dell.com
Wed Aug 4 16:54:03 UTC 2010

All,

  What is the best way to handle symbolic links that are generated by an install step?

  Currently, I get a bunch of "ERROR:QA Issue" "non -dev package contains symlink .so" errors and the build fails.

  If I remove the symbolic links, by overriding the FILES_${PN} variable, then the runtime system doesn't find the libraries?

 I'm considering appending to the install step and manually adding the links back in, but wanted to check if there was a better way.

  Anyone have any advice?

     -Sean