[oe] [oe-commits] Roman I Khimov : bitbake.conf: trust server certificate when doing svn over https

Roman I Khimov khimov at altell.ru
Thu Aug 5 08:41:23 UTC 2010

В сообщении от Четверг 05 августа 2010 12:24:40 автор Martin Jansa написал:
> On Thu, Aug 05, 2010 at 11:38:00AM +0400, Roman I Khimov wrote:
> > В сообщении от Четверг 05 августа 2010 11:12:01 автор Martin Jansa
написал:
> > > Maybe we should add also
> > > --accept theirs-full (just in case)
> > > --force (to force overwrite of existing files)
> > >
> > > ie
> > > matchbox-panel-2-icon-themes_0.0.1.bb
> > > matchbox-panel-2_svn.bb
> > > are checkouting/updating tiwo different SRCREVs and every few builds
> > > you end up removing svn checkout from downloads dir, just because it
> > > refuses to upgrade to newer revision (applets dir already exists
> > > there).
> > >
> > > Any objections (someone intentionaly keeping dirty checkouts in his
> > > DL_DIR)?
> >
> > No objections here.
>
> On older buildhost I noticed that
> svn, version 1.5.1 (r32289)
> doesn't support --trust-server-cert

Argh. Certainly, not my day. Usually I use Debian lenny as a build machine and
that really has 1.5.1 with no "--trust-server-cert" option. And that pf_ring
recipe that does svn over https worked there just because I've had that repo
checked out before packaging it in OE.

Then as usually I've cherry-picked the patch to another machine with different
machine/distro build configuration (surprisingly how often seem-to-be-good
recipes fail after that) running under OpenSUSE 11.2. Immediately seen svn
checkout error and figured out that it's "trivial" to fix (with OpenSUSE's svn
1.6.6).

Turns out, not that much. Sorry. Feel free to revert it as I would only be
able to do that some 8-9 hours later.

> I don't know if it's worth it to force builders to upgrade subversion or
> add their FETCHCOMMAND_svn UPDATECOMMAND_svn to local.conf.

IMO we should not break support for major stable (or LTS) distros, so my patch
is broken.