[oe] glibc-initial do_install failure

Adrian Alonso aalonso00 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 19:59:05 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to build glibc-initial_2.3.6 for Microblaze arch
and it fails in do_install function at final stage when linking
libc.so; Error log attached

I notice that this always happends when invoking gcc with
"-shared" flag it always returns the same error:

/tmp/ccvUy8ol.o: could not read symbols: File format not recognized
| collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
| ERROR: Function do_install failed

The combination of tools that trying to build

binutils: 2.20.1
gcc:      4.5 Microblaze svn branch
glibc:    2.3.6 from petalogix know working port for microblaze
Computer host: Fedora 13

Can any one give me some advise on how to root cause and solve this problem?

Thanks in advance;

--
Saludos
Adrian Alonso