[oe] PR on native recipe

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 12:15:40 UTC 2010

Dear all,

Fahad Usman asked a while ago on how to deal with PR in native recipes
if the native recipe does an include of the non-native recipe (which
is quite common).
Currently I see two solutions being used.

One is to give a native recipe its own PR. Issue is that if the target
recipe changes, the native recipe should also have a PR bump (and I
fear that that is often forgotten).
The other is to have no PR in the native recipe and bump the target
recipe PR even if the native recipe only changes.

Both occur now. What is the preferred solution?

(btw there are other solutions possible too. Not sure if something like
PR += ".0"
in the native recipe is possible. That could be a good alternative.

(and yeah: I know we should try to get rid of those native recipes,
but that is not always possible right away).

Frans