[oe] Testing build failure

Cliff Brake cliff.brake at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 14:41:17 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 10:24 AM, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:
> Presumably it then installed into $HOME (that's what the recipe is
> expecting).
> On my system though, I _have_ write permission in /opt and the tools end up
> in the wrong place and everything falls apart from there onwards.
>
> I just checked and if I remove write permission to /opt, this package
> runs properly.  I've worked out a patch using --prefix= to the TI binary
> installer that makes it install correctly even if /opt is writeable.

Excellent, this is a good example of the benefits of our testing
effort -- we find obscure problems like this that make OE nearly
impossible for some users to get going.  This reinforces the point
that OE is a different beast than most software and effective testing
cannot be done by a single resource.

Thanks,
Cliff