[oe] Testing build failure

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Fri Aug 27 14:24:28 UTC 2010

On 08/27/2010 07:51 AM, Cliff Brake wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 9:53 PM, Gary Thomas<gary at mlbassoc.com>  wrote:
>> MACHINE=beagleboard
>> DISTRO=angstrom-2010.x
>> IMAGE=beagleboard-linuxtag2010-demo-image
>> HOST=Fedora 12 32-bit
>> fails to build ti-dsplink
>>   -- because ti-cgt6x installed tools incorrectly
>>
>> Cliff - how did this build for you on Ubuntu/64-bit?  Can you send me
>> the logs for ti-dsplink and ti-cgt6x?
>
> Hi Gary,
>
> I was using the angstrom-2008.1 distro -- not sure if that matters.
> It looks like 2010.x is not ready for general use based on comments in
> inc files.

I already had success with this for qemuarm, so I thought I'd continue
with it (fuller testing coverage)

> I ran into an issue with one of the TI components where I had a '.' in
> my directory path that it did not like.

I've run into this before myself.

> I assume you have manually downloaded the binaries from TI and have
> placed them in your sources/downloads directory?

Certainly.

The problem I have is that the ti-cgt6x tools are installed into /opt/TI/TI_CGT_C6000_6.1.9
instead of tmp/sysroots/beagleboard-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/share/ti/ti-cgt6x-tree

I see that when you ran it, the do_unpack step for ti-cgt6x got this error:
   Where do you want to install C6000 Code Generation Tools?
   [/opt/TI/TI_CGT_C6000_6.1.9]
   Install Error: You do not have permission to write to /opt.

Presumably it then installed into $HOME (that's what the recipe is expecting).
On my system though, I _have_ write permission in /opt and the tools end up
in the wrong place and everything falls apart from there onwards.

I just checked and if I remove write permission to /opt, this package
runs properly.  I've worked out a patch using --prefix= to the TI binary
installer that makes it install correctly even if /opt is writeable.

> My logs are:
> http://bec-systems.com/oe/ti-cgt6x-1_6_1_9-r4.tar.gz
> http://bec-systems.com/oe/ti-dsplink-1_1_64-r88h.tar.gz

Thanks, I think these showed the problem well.