[oe] testing branch 2010-08-23

Cliff Brake cliff.brake at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 15:04:53 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 10:58 AM, Chris Larson <clarson at kergoth.com> wrote:

> I like the concept.  It seems not unlike the 'master' vs 'next' or linux vs
> linux-test, or indeed, as you imply, unstable vs testing in debian.  I do
> want to point out that you could, if you chose to, include the tested
> baselines in the message attached to the tag (if annotated).  The only
> downside to that being you couldn't add to it after the fact the way you
> could with a wiki.  At a minimum, I'd link to the wiki page for that tag
> from a tag message.

Thanks for the ideas -- I have updated the process some, and I think
we could apply the tag on the following Monday after the testing is
complete -- this would allow us to add the annotations.

I'm also thinking on the next cycle to use the name testing-next
(instead of testing-testing) for branch we create every week for
testing.

Thanks,
Cliff