[oe] Simple srctree example seems not depend on toolchain

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 20:46:08 UTC 2010

Hello,

in an attempt to learn how to use srctree I am hitting either 1) an
oversight on my behalf or 2) a bug in srctree.bbclass 3) something
else

my src/ contains a helloworld.c and Makefile

However, when I bitbake build this recipe, bitbake directly tries to
cross-compile it, without building the cross-compiler first.

Don't have all recipes a host build-time dependency on the toolchain?

DESCRIPTION = "Minimal statically compiled Hello world!"
LICENSE = "GPL"
PR = "r1"

inherit srctree

# build in the src/ subdirectory in the recipe directory
S = "${FILE_DIRNAME}/src"

FILES_${PN}-dbg += "${bindir}/.debug"

do_install() {
	export INSTALL_ROOT=${D}