[oe] Simple srctree example seems not depend on toolchain

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 22:27:21 UTC 2010

Hello,

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 10:46 PM, Leon Woestenberg
<leon.woestenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
> in an attempt to learn how to use srctree I am hitting either 1) an
> oversight on my behalf or 2) a bug in srctree.bbclass 3) something
> else

After further debugging I am more sure I'm seeing wrong behaviour from
srctree.bbclass.

If I change "inherit srctree" into "inherit autotools" (just for
testing, there is no real dependency on autotools) the toolchain gets
built first.
Also, if I remote "inherit srctree" the toolchain gets built first.
If I use "inherit srctree" the toolchain does not get built.
As a workaround I tried to add DEPENDS = "helloworld" and was
surprised that this dependency was not effective.

In all faulty cases, bitbake tries to build my recipe right away,
failing on the toolchain not being built yet.

I suspect the dependency mangling in srctree.bbclass to be faulty.

I'll go from here. A minimal test case is online at
http://www.sidebranch.com/openembedded/helloworld2.tar.bz2.
Extract inside openembedded.git/

Copy of the latest test bb below:

Regards,

Leon.

DESCRIPTION = "Minimal statically compiled Hello world!"
LICENSE = "GPL"
PR = "r0"

inherit srctree

# workaround for the facts that srctree seems to ignore
# run-time dependency on the toolchain
DEPENDS = "helloworld"

# build in the src/ subdirectory in the recipe directory
S = "${FILE_DIRNAME}/src"

FILES_${PN}-dbg += "${bindir}/.debug"

do_compile() {
        oe_runmake