[oe] linux-omap-psp-2.6.32 breaks iscsi-target

Tom Rini tom_rini at mentor.com
Mon Aug 30 19:27:22 UTC 2010

Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
> 2010/8/30 Philip Balister <philip at balister.org>:
>>> http://stgt.sourceforge.net/
>>>
>>> the pacakge is from
>>> http://iscsitarget.sourceforge.net/
>>> It is used by tgt (http://stgt.sourceforge.net/)
>>>
>>> with it you can e.g. mount an iscsi disk.
>>> iscsi is for instance also supported by windows 7 and by various NAS-es.
>>> Its throughput is better than Samba or NFS.
>>>
>>> So for beagle it could act as mechanism to e.g. retrieve content from a
>>> NAS.
>> So the trade off is a kernel that has the best chance of fully supporting
>> the OMAP3 peripherals, or attaching to a NAS that is windows centric.
>
> If you had taken the time to read the links I gave you would know it
> is absolutely not windows centric. Far from that.
> And I am not saying we should change the kernel. Probably the best
> solution is to have a patch that undoes the effects from the .33 patch
> that crept into the kernel.
> Another option could be to give the kernel a different version number.
> It is not a real .32 kernel, but probably making it .33 rc1 is not a
> good choice either.

In other words we have the very real problem of when you use a -rc
kernel, internal APIs aren't consistent with the real world and someone
should strongly re-evaluate what the best kernel revision to use here is
given that it's not .32 and not .33 but .33-rc1 or so.  Maybe it
shouldn't be D_P = 1 until it's based on a release kernel version?

--
Tom Rini
Mentor Graphics Corporation