[oe] linux-omap-psp-2.6.32 breaks iscsi-target

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 19:52:42 UTC 2010

2010/8/30 Philip Balister <philip at balister.org>:
> On 08/30/2010 02:49 PM, J. L. wrote:
>>
>> Why is it bad to expect all packages build for all the machine/distro
>> ? I would think that would be a more "ideal" situation especially if
>> its a supported machine and distro
>
> It is not bad. But we have a lot of packages and the people maintaining
> stuff have limited time. Hopefully the TI kernel guys can find a way to fix
> the issue Frans pointed out.
>
> Philip

I understand that people have limited time.

What happened is that I bumped into a problem, I analyzed it and I
reported my findings, and suggested a way to fix it.
I can develop a patch if needed, but before investing time in that, I
would like to learn if there are better/more desirable solutions, and
whether a patch has a fair chance on getting accepted.
(btw I can see some other options, .e.g. maybe a #define could be
added in the .h file, but that is probably less desirable. there are
probably more alternatives)

Frans