[oe] Documentation

Robert Foerster robert at erafx.com
Thu Dec 2 20:52:04 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 3:37 PM, David Lambert <dave at lambsys.com> wrote:

> Thanks for all the suggestions. While on the subject, does a dictionary of
> keywords with their meanings exist anywhere? Newbies like me may find it
> very useful when browsing recipes. Some terms are intuitively obvious, such
> as DEV_BASE, but others such as PR, INHERIT, PV, leave me with some
> ambiguity.

Some info can be found in the manual:
http://docs.openembedded.org/usermanual/usermanual.html#recipes_versioning
Discussed in the manual are many of the items which are initially confusing:
P, PN, PV, PR, PF, S, D, WORDIR, etc

Also useful is to read the bitbake manual, which defines the basic metadata
syntax handled by bitbake. http://bitbake.berlios.de/manual/

Hope that helps.
Bob