[oe] [RFC] move openssl.cnf file into base openssl package

Roman I Khimov roman at khimov.ru
Wed Dec 15 20:39:02 UTC 2010

В сообщении от Среда 15 декабря 2010 22:47:05 автор Maupin, Chase написал:
> > Missed that change. Seems wrong to me. And I still think that it belongs
> > libcrypto, not openssl since you can easily not install openssl binary
> > and still use it with tuned openssl.cnf in your apps.
>
> So it seems like there are two packages that need this default openssl.cnf
>  file, the libcrypto and openssl packages.  Would it perhaps be a better
>  idea to pull the configuration file into its own package and then set the
>  RDEPENDS for the libcrypto and openssl packages to use the openssl
>  configuration package? That way you can still have multiple versions of
>  libcrypto (like Koen was trying to do) and have the default file shared
>  between both packages that need it.

openssl is rdepending on libcrypto anyway (it's linked with it and I don't
think it'll change any time soon). But configs for different versions can be
conflicting, so I'm not sure this kind of approach solves anything.

--
 http://roman.khimov.ru
mailto: roman at khimov.ru
gpg --keyserver hkp://subkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 0xE5E055C3