[oe] [RFC] xorg: upgrade to X11R7.6 and remove preferred-xorg-versions*.inc files

Michael Smith msmith at cbnco.com
Fri Dec 17 15:06:03 UTC 2010

Martin Jansa wrote:
> * X11R7.6-RC1 was already released
>   http://www.x.org/releases/X11R7.6-RC1/doc/xorg-docs/ReleaseNotes.html
>   so it's IMHO time to start migration there

>  .../include/angstrom-2010-preferred-versions.inc   |    1 -
>  .../preferred-xorg-versions-X11R7.5-latest.inc     |  126 ------
>  .../include/preferred-xorg-versions-X11R7.5.inc    |  286 -------------

Hi Martin,

As someone who has to update an embedded X11 build maybe once or twice a
  year, but still wants to pull in other OE changes once in a while in
between, I'd prefer to see the X11R7.5 includes stick around. There are
many packages and it's hard for a non-expert to know which versions are
meant to be used together.

Mike