[oe] xinput-calibrator

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 11:31:45 UTC 2010

Hi,

I've seen your patches for xinput-calibrator. I'm not sure if you're
the author (github is down now ;/), but maybe you could add this
anyways.

For shr I've added small shell script to run calibration only if
/etc/pointercal.xinput doesn't exist and after calibration store values
there for next reboot.
http://git.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded/commit/?id=48dd2427c14edb8349e9f16150ad0f9c037c2ab8

This is then used in Xsession.d script.
Problem is when user wait too long when starting xorg for first time and LCD
screen is blanked, then first touchscreen tap to unblank it counts as
first point for calibration (way off the right mark).

I've workarrounded it with forcing LCD to stay on while calibrator is
running but still not best solution (ie user can touch ts by accident
even with display on.

Could you add option (ie enabled by command line param, or even by
default) to repeat calibration when user doesn't confirm that he did it
right and touchscreen is working for him?

Something like (while still in xinput-calibrator gui):

Do you want to use/store calibration values?
If yes, press touchscreen for 10s.
If no, press once and calibration will start again.
(maybe some 3rd option to exit calibration without storing)

(buttons would be easier to use, but difficult to press the right one if
user messed calibration really badly).

Thanks!

uin:136542059                jid:Martin.Jansa at gmail.com
Jansa Martin                 sip:jamasip at voip.wengo.fr