[oe] Working with OEMs

C Michael Sundius msundius at sundius.com
Tue Feb 9 17:56:09 UTC 2010

> Another way of looking at Holder's response is that we feel we could do a
> better job of supporting people using OE to do software development. There
> are certainly ways to use OE to do SW development.
>
> agreed. I really wanted to be cautious regarding my comment since I've
gotten such great help from this list, further, I do want to encourage
others organizations to use and promote OE as a tool to help make the task
of building a uniform process for developers and CM alike.

> I would really like to see us look at improving the experience for people
> doing sw dev for OE based distributions.

that said I'd still love to hear from other developers about problems that
they have encountered and how they have overcome or didn't. I think it would
be an interesting discussion.

mike