[oe] Working with OEMs

Peter Chubb peter.chubb at nicta.com.au
Tue Feb 9 22:33:33 UTC 2010

We are also attempting to use BitBake +OE for development.  We have a
several packagaes (a hypervisor, a kernel patched to use that
hypervisor, some libraries that act as glue between the two, and some
bits for bootloading) that are under active development, and build
several customised root images baseed on micro to run on top.

Problems we've faced are that bitbake doesn't keep track of
interpackage dependencies except by PR, so the normal `test think edit
build test ...' cycle is complicated by having to remember to remove
the packages we want rebuilt from the various caches that oe
maintains.

Setting BB_STAMP_POLICY="full" helps for this.
--
Dr Peter Chubb        www.nicta.com.au      peter DOT chubb AT nicta.com.au
http://www.ertos.nicta.com.au           ERTOS within National ICT Australia