[oe] Working with OEMs

C Michael Sundius msundius at sundius.com
Tue Feb 9 23:23:18 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 2:33 PM, Peter Chubb <peter.chubb at nicta.com.au>wrote:

> We are also attempting to use BitBake +OE for development.  We have a
> several packagaes (a hypervisor, a kernel patched to use that
> hypervisor, some libraries that act as glue between the two, and some
> bits for bootloading) that are under active development, and build
> several customised root images baseed on micro to run on top.
>
> Problems we've faced are that bitbake doesn't keep track of
> interpackage dependencies except by PR, so the normal `test think edit
> build test ...' cycle is complicated by having to remember to remove
> the packages we want rebuilt from the various caches that oe
> maintains.
>

> Setting BB_STAMP_POLICY="full" helps for this.

I was never able to make that trick work.I always ran into a problem where
it gave me a circular dependency with some of the native tools... (quilt if
I remember)

anyhow, I created a patch to bitbake just last week I posted it. I created a
variable BB_STAMP_BLACKLIST which creates a list of recipes which should be
checked for time stamp dependencies between recipes... It seems to work
well, and is maybe a little less checking (faster?) if you know that there
are a few apis you can just list those recieps...

mike