[oe] xfwm4 themes from xfwm4-themes are not packed

Müller, Andreas a.mueller at zera.de
Wed Feb 10 20:26:56 UTC 2010

hope this is the right adress for the current challenge I got:

I created a recipe for xfce/xfwm4/slim. After everything working fine so far, I tried to make it more colorful and check the xfwm4-themes. Doing so, I had to realize that all the themes coming from xfwm4-themes(-4.6.0) are not packed and are not found in rootfs /usr/share/themes. The themes included in xfwm4 can be found.

My recipe contains (beside many other / tests without xfwm4-themes lead to same result):

#  *** THEMES FROM xfwm4 *** \
  xfwm4-theme-default \
  xfwm4-theme-kokodi \
#  *** THEMES FROM xfwm4-themes *** \
  xfwm4-themes \
  xfwm4-theme-adept \
  xfwm4-theme-agua \

The themes from xfwm4-themes seem to be built (but not packed) properly because all of them appear in

'tmp/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/xfwm4-themes-4.6.0-r2/image/usr/share/themes' and
'tmp/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/xfwm4-themes-4.6.0-r2/staging-pkg/staging/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/share/themes'

Since I got no helping information in the log files I tried bitbake with the option '-v'.

This drops messages for all the 'xfwm4-theme*' recipes like

NOTE: multiple providers are available for runtime xfwm4-theme-default (xfwm4-themes, xfwm4);
NOTE: consider defining a PREFERRED_PROVIDER entry to match runtime xfwm4-theme-default
NOTE: multiple providers are available for runtime xfwm4-theme-kokodi (xfwm4-themes, xfwm4);
NOTE: consider defining a PREFERRED_PROVIDER entry to match runtime xfwm4-theme-kokodi
NOTE: multiple providers are available for runtime xfwm4-themes (xfwm4-themes, xfwm4);
NOTE: consider defining a PREFERRED_PROVIDER entry to match runtime xfwm4-themes
NOTE: multiple providers are available for runtime xfwm4-theme-adept (xfwm4-themes, xfwm4);
NOTE: consider defining a PREFERRED_PROVIDER entry to match runtime xfwm4-theme-adept
NOTE: multiple providers are available for runtime xfwm4-theme-agua (xfwm4-themes, xfwm4);
NOTE: consider defining a PREFERRED_PROVIDER entry to match runtime xfwm4-theme-agua

I checked the recipes for xfwm4 and xfwm4-themes. Both contain

PACKAGES_DYNAMIC = "xfwm4-theme-*"

This lead me to the idea to add within my recipe
  xfwm4-theme-bullshit \
and BB did not complain (but I dont't know if this is related to the problem)!

Is it possible that
1. BB only checks within xfwm4 for xfwm4-theme*?
2. 'themedir' within xfwm4-themes_4.6.0 links to the wrong path since both xfwm4 and xfwm4-themes have the same directory structure for themes?

I would be very pleased if somebody could help me on this issue because my knowledge-funds are not yet enough to fix this issue.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best regards
i. A. Dipl-Ing. Andreas Mueller
Entwicklungsingenieur / R&D Engineer

Zera GmbH
Hauptstrasse 392
53639 Koenigwinter

Tel: +49 2223 704 - 233
Fax: +49 2223 704 - 235

mailto:a.mueller at zera.de

http://www.zera.de

ZERA  GmbH, Hauptstrasse 392, 53639 Koenigswinter
Geschaeftsfuehrer:  Dr. Prosper Suwelack, Rainer Otto
Sitz der Gesellschaft:  Koenigswinter; Handelsregister HRB  7073
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Siegburg.