[oe] {RFC} rootfs directory path

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 15:25:39 UTC 2010

2010/2/13 Raffaele Recalcati <lamiaposta71 at gmail.com>:
> Hi Frans,
>
> 2010/2/13 Frans Meulenbroeks <fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com>:
>> Currently the rootfs ends up in ${TMPDIR}/work/rootfs/console-image
>> (at least if I bake console-image).
>> When dealing with multiple systems and either doing a parallel build
>> or keep the rootfs that could lead to inconsistent/faulty situations.
>> Shouldn't the dir be something like
>> ${TMPDIR}/work/rootfs/$DISTRO}-${MACHINE}/console-image or so
>> (or maybe $DISTRO/$MACHINE or the other way around).
>>
>> How do you feel about it (and what would be the preferred path?)
>
> My settings for rootfs are:
> ${TMPDIR}/deploy/glibc/images/${MACHINE}
>
> so the problem on deploy is not present I think, but I'm not an OE
> expert and maybe some staging or other intermediare files can give the
> problem you have.
>
> If I'm wrong please ignore my information.

That is also where it eventually ends up for me, but the image is
constructed in ${TMPDIR}/rootfs/console-image (without the work subdir
inbetween as I accidently wrote before).
That is where the clash is happening (especially if you keep rootfs,
but also if you don't and start parallel builds for different systems)

Frans.