[oe] {RFC} rootfs directory path

Raffaele Recalcati lamiaposta71 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 15:52:31 UTC 2010

Hi Frans,

> That is also where it eventually ends up for me, but the image is
> constructed in ${TMPDIR}/rootfs/console-image (without the work subdir
> inbetween as I accidently wrote before).
> That is where the clash is happening (especially if you keep rootfs,
> but also if you don't and start parallel builds for different systems)

${TMPDIR}/rootfs/${DISTRO}-${MACHINE}/console-image

seems to isolate the building of rootfs in order to allow parallel builds.

But isn't a similar problem in the compilation?

For example,
if you are building two tmp/work/armv5te-angstrom-linux-gnueabi
systems you'll have a disaster because the same package will be
re-written by the last build.

But I guess you are building different (different architecture) systems.

My small knowledge is improving a little bit.
Bye

www.opensurf.it