[oe] intltool/autotools problem?

Steffen Sledz sledz at dresearch.de
Tue Feb 16 06:52:45 UTC 2010

While creating new recipes for vala-dbus-binding-tool (see thread
<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.handhelds.openembedded/29964/focus=30170>)
we mentioned the following problem. I started a new thread for this
because i believe this is a common one.

Martin Jansa wrote:
> > BTW: I noticed a bit strange DEPENDS, why is there depend on
> > intltool-native? and other depends non-native?
> >
> > it is expanded like this:
> > -native:
> > DEPENDS="autoconf-native automake-native libtool-native
> > gnu-config-native shasum-native coreutils-native autoconf-native
> > automake-native libtool-native gnu-config-native shasum-native
> > coreutils-native vala-native libgee-native libxml2-native
> > intltool-native"
> >
> > non-native:
> > DEPENDS="autoconf-native automake-native libtool-native libtool-cross
> > gnu-config-native shasum-native coreutils-native
> > virtual/arm-oe-linux-gnueabi-gcc virtual/libc  vala libgee libxml2
> > intltool-native"
> >
> > I'm not saying it's wrong, just curious how bitbake deals with
> > changing DEPENDS while parsing BBCLASSEXTENDS = "native".

I'm not sure for myself. But without intltool-native dependency
baking vala-dbus-binding-tool fails with:

ERROR: function do_configure failed
ERROR: log data follows (/home/sledz/work/HydraIP/OE/tmp.5/work/armv5te-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/vala-dbus-binding-tool-0.1.3-r1.0/temp/log.do_configure.18882)
| automake (GNU automake) 1.10.2
| Copyright (C) 2008 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
| License GPLv2+: GNU GPL version 2 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
| This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
| There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
|
| Written by Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat.com>
|        and Alexandre Duret-Lutz <adl at gnu.org>.
| AUTOV is 1.10
| NOTE: Executing glib-gettextize --force --copy
| Copying file mkinstalldirs
| Copying file po/Makefile.in.in
|
| Please add the files
|   codeset.m4 gettext.m4 glibc21.m4 iconv.m4 isc-posix.m4 lcmessage.m4
|   progtest.m4
| from the /home/sledz/work/HydraIP/OE/tmp.5/staging/i686-linux/usr/share/aclocal directory to your autoconf macro directory
| or directly to your aclocal.m4 file.
| You will also need config.guess and config.sub, which you can get from
| ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/.
|
| NOTE: Executing intltoolize --copy --force --automake
| /home/sledz/work/HydraIP/OE/tmp.5/work/armv5te-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/vala-dbus-binding-tool-0.1.3-r1.0/temp/run.do_configure.18882: line 305: intltoolize: command not found
NOTE: Task failed: /home/sledz/work/HydraIP/OE/tmp.5/work/armv5te-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/vala-dbus-binding-tool-0.1.3-r1.0/temp/log.do_configure.18882

Maybe this is a bug autotools_stage and this dependency should be generated
automatically like autoconf-native, automake-native, and libtool-native?

Steffen