[oe] using initramfs with openembedded.

C Michael Sundius msundius at sundius.com
Mon Feb 22 22:29:12 UTC 2010

We'd like to put our initial boottime file system into the initramfs in the
kernel. But we also need to build some separate drivers to put into that
filesystem image.

Of course we can't build those drivers without the kernel staging dir
populated. (which doesn't happen until after the build of the kernel).

Has anyone run into this problem? how did you solve it? do I need to stage
the headerfiles and config info before the kernel build?

maybe this problem is solved some other way.. I haven't really tried this so
I'm just speculating here.

If anyone has some experience with this it would be great to hear how to go
about this. thanks for you help

Mike