[oe] Build GCC QA Issue: with objc: No GNU_HASH in the elf binary: '/home/oe/build/tmp/work/i686-angstrom-linux/gcc-4.3.3-r10.1/packages-split/objc/usr/lib/libobjc.so.2.0.0'

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger+oe at freyther.de
Mon Feb 22 22:50:39 UTC 2010

On Monday 22 February 2010 20:11:28 Jay Snyder wrote:

> Is there any way to configure OE to ingore the QA stuff?     The
> GNU_HASH is not required for a working executable is it?

The most easy way to turn it off is to not build with GNU HASH style, This can
be made by not using "--hash-style=SOMETHING" in the LDFLAGS.

The GNU HASH is not a security mechanism but a dynamic linker optimization to
be able to resolve symbols faster.

It was added later as the feature is not that old. Everything I do build is
building fine, so in case you see an "awful" lot of breakage it would be nice
if you could clarify this.

z.