[oe] Generating slightly different images for different IMAGE_FSTYPES

Marcin Juszkiewicz marcin at juszkiewicz.com.pl
Fri Feb 26 16:54:25 UTC 2010

Dnia piątek, 26 lutego 2010 o 17:39:16 Martin Jansa napisał(a):

> We're slowly stripping packages not really needed, but it would be
> nice to remove whole /boot with kernel-image.

> Is there better way to solve it or should we try harder to save space
>  somewhere else?

Learn about ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND variable present in
classes/rootfs_*.bbclass files. You can use it to launch your function after
rootfs is populated.

So for example your shr-lite-image has drop_kernel_from_boot function in which
you check "MACHINE==om-gta01" and if it is then "rm -rf /boot/uImage". After
your function all normal ext2/ubifs/jffs2/tarball images will be created
without kernel in them.

Regards,
JID:      hrw at jabber.org
Website:  http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/