[oe] help on angstrom qemu

Dejun.Liu liu-dj at neusoft.com
Mon Jan 4 03:11:33 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Mon, 2010-01-04 at 03:47 +0100, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
> On Monday 04 January 2010 03:08:11 Dejun.Liu wrote:
>
> > and the error is shown below:
> > > Could not initialize SDL - exiting
> >
> > > SDL error: No available video device
>
> How does this relate to OpenEmbedded? Which qemu did you use? it might
> not be
> able to connect to your X11 display as you have executed this command
> on your
> buildserver but did not use ssh -Y to log in?

-->I used the OE build Qemu which at the staging
dir(angstrom-dev/staging/i686-linux/usr/bin).
and i executed the command in the buildserver not using ssh

> > and i hava found that OE provided libSDL does not supported X11.
>
> I don't know what you mean. The libsdl-x11 recipe supports libsdl on
> X11 just
> fine...

-->after i build OE,In dir (~/OE/angstrom-dev/staging/i686-linux/usr/include/SDL),the SDL config file SDL_config.h
I hava find that this file does not contaided the defines:

#define SDL_VIDEO_DRIVER_X11 1
#define SDL_VIDEO_DRIVER_X11_DGAMOUSE 1
#define SDL_VIDEO_DRIVER_X11_DPMS 1
#define SDL_VIDEO_DRIVER_X11_DYNAMIC "libX11.so.6"
#define SDL_VIDEO_DRIVER_X11_DYNAMIC_XEXT "libXext.so.6"
#define SDL_VIDEO_DRIVER_X11_DYNAMIC_XRANDR "libXrandr.so.2"
#define SDL_VIDEO_DRIVER_X11_DYNAMIC_XRENDER "libXrender.so.1"
#define SDL_VIDEO_DRIVER_X11_VIDMODE 1
#define SDL_VIDEO_DRIVER_X11_XINERAMA 1
#define SDL_VIDEO_DRIVER_X11_XME 1
#define SDL_VIDEO_DRIVER_X11_XRANDR 1
#define SDL_VIDEO_DRIVER_X11_XV 1

so got the errors:
> Could not initialize SDL - exiting
> SDL error: No available video device
and OE build SDL_config.h is attached.

and my OE local.conf is below:
-------------------
MACHINE="qemuarm"
IMAGE_FSTYPES += " ext3 "
# Where to store sources
DL_DIR = "${OETREE}/downloads"

# Make sure you have these installed
ASSUME_PROVIDED += "gdk-pixbuf-csource-native imagemagick-native
librsvg-native"

# Which files do we want to parse:
BBFILES := "${OETREE}/openembedded/recipes/*/*.bb"
BBMASK = ""

# What kind of images do we want?
IMAGE_FSTYPES += " tar.bz2 "

# Set TMPDIR instead of defaulting it to $pwd/tmp
TMPDIR = "${OETREE}/${DISTRO}-dev"

# Make use of SMP and fast disks
PARALLEL_MAKE = "-j4"
BB_NUMBER_THREADS = "4"

#tinderbox
#INHERIT += "oestats-client"
OESTATS_BUILDER      = "myname"

DISTRO = "angstrom-2008.1"

Cheers
Steven Liu

is intended only for the use of the intended recipient and may be confidential and/or privileged of
Neusoft Corporation, its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates. If any reader of this communication is
not the intended recipient, unauthorized use, forwarding, printing,  storing, disclosure or copying
immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete the original message and all copies from
your system. Thank you.