[oe] SIGSEGV during python-native build workarounds

Stanislav Brabec utx at penguin.cz
Thu Jan 7 00:03:33 UTC 2010

Hallo.

In last few months I encountered crashes during build of python-native
with openSUSE 11.2 x86_64 host. Backtrace signalizes that the crash
happens while ncurses attempts to parse termcap.

I has not been searching for a patch yet, but these workarounds may help
to somebody who will encounter this SIGSEGV as well:

This works:
- Adding ASSUME_PROVIDED += "ncurses-native" to my local.conf (it also
  requires ASSUME_PROVIDED += "readline-native") and installing proper
  host system packages.

This also works:
- Hide all available termcaps on the host system:
  /etc/termcap and /usr/share/misc/termcap

This did not help:
- Update python to 2.6.2

This may help (not tested yet):
- build python without ncurses support
- Update ncurses to the latest version (I did not yet succeed to do it)

Best regards.