[oe] Does OE’s Angstrom Linux support SMP (Symmetric multiprocessing) on beagle board.

gagan singh gagan2172 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 12 15:51:57 UTC 2010

Hi Phil,

I thought general response time of any general application time will be faster.
Say Just getting a feeling of running General purpose Computer OS/applications  on a 1 GHz  processor while actually it is running on 500MHz CPU with SMP support(Keeping overhead time aside)
           DSP seems to remain idle most of the time while everything runs on Arm core.  You says difficult to implement on that sort Of Cores. Do the inter communication link/memory interface  is bottle neck for implementing shared workload.

regards

Gagan