[oe] beagleboard-demo-image, and the evil that is "gnome-games"

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sun Jan 17 20:20:34 UTC 2010

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010, John Willis wrote:

> I personally don't favour taking packages out of an image if there
> are build issues on a small subset of systems. I think Phil (or
> someone else) suggest you consider contributing your build logs to
> OESTATS/TinderBox
> (http://wiki.openembedded.net/index.php/How_do_I_send_automatic_success_and_
> failure_reports) at least with that setup you leave a reference the
> failing logs in bug reports/mails so people can have a look into all
> the gory details :).

  in fact, on friday, i posted to this list that gnome-games was
broken under my environment, and also left a link to the full log file
contents here:

  http://pastebin.com/mcaa647b

so anyone was free to see that.  and so far (unless i'm mistaken), in
the midst of all the feedback, the one thing i haven't read is anyone
saying, "hmmmm, you're right, there seems to be a problem."

  for over a month now, i've reported this, i've described my build
environment in detail, and i've made the contents of the build log
file publicly available.  at this point, i've given up on this package
and removed it from my bb-demo-image build because i just don't care
about it anymore.  if it ever gets fixed, by all means, let me know.
but please stop whining that i just haven't jumped through enough
hoops to suit some people.

rday