[oe] libxml-perl (new recipe) problems (make test)

Michael Lippautz michael.lippautz at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 16:25:40 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Since oe was missing an libxml-perl module I tried to it myself. After
looking at some other modules, I created the recipe attached.

The problem is that Makefile.PL failes because of some dynamic loading error.

| Can't load 'blib/arch/auto/Conftest/Conftest.so' for module
Conftest: blib/arch/auto/Conftest/Conftest.so: wrong ELF class:
ELFCLASS32 at /home/mlippautz/oe/tmp/staging/x86_64-linux/usr/lib/perl/5.8.8/DynaLoader.pm
line 230.

I can't think of why conftest should become a 32 bit (?) library. I am
using 64bit gentoo as my workstation and the oe tree also contains
x64_64 stagings dirs.

regards,
Michael