[oe] libxml-perl (new recipe) problems (make test)

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 21:48:27 UTC 2010

2010/1/20 Michael Lippautz <michael.lippautz at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> Since oe was missing an libxml-perl module I tried to it myself. After
> looking at some other modules, I created the recipe attached.
>
> The problem is that Makefile.PL failes because of some dynamic loading error.
>
> | Can't load 'blib/arch/auto/Conftest/Conftest.so' for module
> Conftest: blib/arch/auto/Conftest/Conftest.so: wrong ELF class:
> ELFCLASS32 at /home/mlippautz/oe/tmp/staging/x86_64-linux/usr/lib/perl/5.8.8/DynaLoader.pm
> line 230.
>
> I can't think of why conftest should become a 32 bit (?) library. I am
> using 64bit gentoo as my workstation and the oe tree also contains
> x64_64 stagings dirs.
>
> regards,
> Michael

Michael,

Thanks for your contribution.
I have no idea why things fail for you. Might be because you need the
native package too.

But the real bad news is that the recipe already exist (in unstable that is)
It is in recipes/perl/libxml-libxml-perl_1.70.bb

Actually this one looks very identical to yours.
And wrt the name: the convention is that all perl lib recipe and as
name start with lib then followed by the name in lower case foolowed
by -perl and the verison number..
Hence XML-LibXML will be in libxml-libxml-perl_1.70.bb.

I hope the existence of the recipe does not disappoint you. If you
want to have a stab at another perl module feel free to try to make a
perl recipe for Tk.
Here's a starter, but it had some issues that I forgot about:

libtk-perl_804.028.bb

DESCRIPTION = "Tk - An overview of an Object Oriented Tk8 extension for perl5"
SECTION = "libs"
LICENSE = "Unknown"
PR = "r0"

SRC_URI = "http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/S/SR/SREZIC/Tk-${PV}.tar.gz"